View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 05:14 PM
BepperGirl
Master Fan

Away to France: July 8-16

Hey gang, I'm gonna be away in France from July 8 to July 16. I leave my home around 10am on Friday, get back VERY late on the 16th. I might not get to posting again until the 18th though and that's because my cousin's getting married on the 17th and I might go to that. Dad's not sure. We might be too tired.

Anyway, I'm sure Michelle will do a fine time without me as she did mod this board on her own before I came along.

For those interested, my tour info can be found here.

THE TREASURES OF FRANCE
Day 1: July 8

Depart USA Overnight flight to Paris.

Day 2: July 9

Arrive Paris Arrive at Paris Charles de Gualle Airport you are met and transferred to your hotel. This afternoon enjoy a welcome drink with your Tour Director and learn about your tour. Your evening is at leisure to do as you please.

Day 3: July 10

Paris - Rouen - Honfleur - Cabourg This morning, with a local guide our sightseeing tour includes the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Place de le Concorde, views of Notre Dame Cathedral and ascends to the second level of the Eiffle Tower by elevator. Then we drive to Montmartre where we take the funicular to the Place du Tertre, haunt of artisits and painters and bustling with bistros - all in the shadow of the Sacre Coeur Basilica. Afterwards, we drive to Rouen, where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake. From here we make our way to Honfleur before our final destination for the night, Cabourg, favourite vacation resort of Marcel Proust. (Buffet breakfast/ Dinner)

Day 4: July 11

Cabourg - D-Day Landing Beaches - Bayeux - Mont St. Michel Today after breakfast, we discover the Normandy Coast visiting the Landing Beaches of the 1944 campaign and the Omaha Military Cemetery which last year, celebrated the 60th anniversary of the D-Day Landings. Next on to Bayeux to visit the Tapestry Museum before we reach Mont St. Michel. From here we make our way to Bayeux where we visit the Tapestry Museum before we heading to Mont St.Michel, where we spend the night. Here we visit the Benedictine Abbey with time to explore. (Buffet breakfast/ Dinner)

Day 5: July 12

Mont St. Michel - Loire Valley - Tours (2nights) This morning we travel Château Gontier to Angers, dominated by its château. Next our drive takes us through the Loire Valley, renowned for its châteaux and vineyards. Here we will sample a recent vintage on a visit to a wine cellar in Saumur. Finally we head to Tours for our two-night stay. (Buffet breakfast/ Dinner)

Day 6: July 13

Châteaux Excursion Today with a local guide, we will visit fairytale Chenonceau, Catherine de Medici's château. Next, on to Chambord to view the largest château in the region before we continue to Amboise. Here we'll visit the château which dominates the town where Leonardo da Vinci died. Then back to Tours with the rest of your day at leisure. (Buffet breakfast)

Day 7: July 14

Tours - Chartres - Paris (2nights) After breakfast, our first stop this morning is at Chartres to visit the Cathedral. From here, we will visit the Palace of Fontainebleau, before our drive brings us back to the vibrant and romantic city of Paris, for the next two nights. (Buffet breakfast)

Day 8: July 15

Paris at leisure Enjoy a full day at leisure. You may wish to sightsee further or perhaps shop in the boutiques for next year's fashions. Or why not romantic city of Paris, for the next two nights. (Buffet breakfast)

Day 9: July 16

Paris - USA Bid 'au revoir' as we transfer to Charles de Gaulle Airport for our return flight to America. (Buffet breakfast)
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote