View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
comic fan
Addicted Fan

Still no preview pages.

I have my copy of Spike #4 of 8 though.This issue was much meatier then last issue.

1)The Spike/Dru reunion is fun.Spike is torn between his old feelings for Dru,the fact that he's moved on,and still being pissed at her for running off and shagging that chaos demon.He's also pissed that she's been screwing John.Beck and Dru are very catty to each other too in this issue with both jealous of the other over Spike.Spike and Dru do get into it in the issue about their past and about Buffy.

Dru in the shower:She's getting in the way(she meaning Beck).

Spike:Wonderful,Let's do this now.Getting in the way of what,Dru.

Dru:Of us.

Spike: Dru,"US" belongs alongside Turok-Han and decent punk bands on the list of things that just don't exist anymore.I hopped of your crazy train the minute you hopped on a Chaos demon.Never been more happy with that decision than I was today,when you reeked of villain of the week.

Dru:I showered.He's gone.You have to let that go.

Spike lighting up a cigarette:Oh love...I've let SO MUCH go.

Dru coming out of the bathroom and drying her hair:Yes,I know.Playing with slayers.

Spike:SLAY-ER.I,uh,played with one.

Dru:And you killed two.So you're still ahead.Why aren't you with her?Oh,did you get bored?She seemed boring.Stiff and boring.

Spike:Anything but.Our story isn't done.I...exploded in front of her.For her.For the world.That's how we left it.(see Buffy Season 8 for the reunion).

Dru:She forced you to get a soul.

Spike:She made me want to be better.

Dru:You were perfect.

Spike:I was a nightmare

Dru:You were committed.You protected me.However you remember it...we were connected in ways that no one can understand.And then it changed.You took a soul and they came and you didn't know.

Dru then gets into what happened to her in Angel #24-25.

Again,Spike really does seem torn in this issue and does lose himself a bit into his past relationship with Dru while also trying to fight those past feelings.You really have to read the dialog to get the torn vibe.The issue sort of ends on that note while Spike also thinks about getting help which leads to #3 on this list below.

2)We get the insight dirt on John.Spike doesn't have John's soul literally.It's explained in this issue by Wolfram and Hart when Spike soul was restored in "Grave" there had to be a balance.To restore Spike's soul,someone else had to lose theirs.That person was John.

John:You told ME Spike took my soul.

Wolfram And Hart:We told you there needs to be a balance.When Spike won his back....

John:I DON'T HAVE MY SOUL BECAUSE SPIKE WANTED TO SCORE A GIRL.My point is YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING.When you put us in the same room.

John is also pissed because Wolfram and Hart used Dru to mess with Spike's head and he wants to know why they didn't use Buffy instead.Wolfram and Hark knew Buffy wouldn't be easy to manipulate like Dru.

John in tears:And you knew what you were doing when you brought her into this,when you paired us up.You could of brought in the Slayer if you REALLY wanted to mess with his head,but you didn't...

Wolfram and Hart:The Slayer cannot be easily manipulated.

3)The setup for Willow's arrival next issue.While Dru is showering Spike tries to call Angel's cell phone to let him know what's going on but the call fails(Angel is in the future as seen in his book).At the end of the issue while he and Dru are hugging,Spike realize he needs help.In a comedic sequence in Spike's head,he rules out Angel,Illyria,Connor,Gunn and even Wes.He decides to get Willow's help.And that's how the issue ends.

Again,much meatier IMO then last issue and fun.