View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Dream a little Dream
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Witter:
<STRONG>I loved Luke for telling her to sticking her nosy nose out of his fricking business. Her wishy-washy ways with him have got to end. And yes Lorelai, he IS married. The way she said that was a whole 'nother issue just got my blood boiling. You're either married or you're not and who the hell are you to pass judgement on Luke, Miss-I-Flaked-On-My-Wedding-Night/Miss-I-Have-Yet-To-Grow-The-F**k-Up?</STRONG>
Now I'm normally one of the first to jump on the Lorelai rant bandwagon but this time not so much. The thing is I can't defend Luke in this situation because he's wishy-washy too. He won't commit to his wife because he's still so stuck on Lorelai. Lorelai had a point saying that he being Nicole's husband was a whole other story. Yes, he's married technically but he doesn't behave like it. Being married is more than a certificate. If he was so married and soo happy about moving in why didn't he tell Lorelai when he was first moving in? Simple. He's afraid of endangering the maybe-maybe not relationship with Lorelai.

Initially Lorelai was just hurt that he didn't tell her about moving in with Nicole, that's a life changing thing. "Hey, Lor, I'm moving in with my wife Nicole to a whole other county," is a bigger statement than "Luke, I'm dating this guy named Jason, he's kinda not my type but is at the same time."

Lorelai flaking out on her wedding is a lot better that getting a little drunk on a cruise ship marrying this person while your still hung up on someone else and then getting back together with this person after you initally decide to divorce. Luke's love life seems to me more emotionally damaging to both parties involved than Lorelai's.

Sorry this turned into a Luke rant, hehe, but if my best friend didn't tell me he was moving away I'd be pretty pissed off too. But to stay on topic with the Lorelai rant, I say her hat and blouse in her last scene were UGLY!! Ant talking in funerals is rude! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]