View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the screencaps, Rachel! I adore that entire scene. So fun. I love her annoyed snarkiness, and how he enjoys teasing her and getting under her skin - it reminded me a lot of S1.

I don't know if I'd say CB is drifting apart. They just aren't focused on each other right now because they have been dealing with their own issues. I honestly don't think it would take much for them to get even closer and share important moments in the next couple episodes. Bonding over dealing with Lux's past would be a good start. I'm hopeful that we'll get to see that - and I REALLY want them to have a conversation about her pregnancy, too. And, like you said, who knows what else they have in store for us. Sure...we might not get anything "romantic" if Cate remains married and pregnant. But, I believe that what Liz gives us (especially in the finale) will make us feel good about the direction their relationship is heading.

I DEFINITELY agree about the planning. I really wish they had only planned on 13 episodes, too - then it would have been easier to adjust it from a season finale to a series finale. I know they have an "arc" they are following for these 13, but it appears that they are setting up long-term storylines that can never be resolved in these next few episodes (e.g., a pregnancy). It's so frustrating...but like you said, I don't blame Liz for trying to set up her long-term vision - and she didn't know she might be cut off until it was too late. Blame the CW on that one. At least give them a couple more episodes to wrap things up! So infuriating.

Last edited by kerbear28; 12-02-2010 at 11:56 PM