View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Alexander
Elite Fan

I don't agree that he did it for love

As far as Vector Prime...I haven't read that yet. I suggest you start with Shadow Hunter b/c it lays out info and connects to Phantom Menace. I actually suggest for those who haven't, to read Phantom Menace. The book offers some insides that the movie does not and it's a quick read. I also suggest Labyrinth of Evil, and "Yoda - Dark Rendezvous", as far as in between Episodes II and III novels. Personally, I like to "dive into" the clone wars era I think that everyone who likes to read and is a SW fan should read the books...the main ones from Episodes I till VI. The Attack of the Clones novel doesn't offer "that much" as far as additional info, but there was a chapter about Padme and Anakin going to Padme's parent's home that was pretty valuable, in general, in the book their relationship doesn't seem "as rushed" as it did during the movie due to time restrictions of course and I found the extra info on Count Dooku to be insightful. Other than that, it's not very informative.
As far as future upcoming releases...I'm looking forward to the fall release of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader - Coming November 22 from James Luceno is the first book detailing Darth Vader's adventures between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope:

The Republic has become the Empire, ruled by the wicked Palpatine with order enforced by his new right hand agent, Darth Vader. The galaxy is reeling from civil war and the shocking elimination of the Jedi Knights. Some worlds are resistant to the New Order, and are determined to make a stand against these sweeping new changes.
One of Darth Vader's first tasks is to snuff out these early embers of resistance, and it is this mission that will lead him to discover his true strength and come into his own as the Emperor's iron fist.

I have to admit, I haven't read any books that deal with events after Return of the Jedi. I guess Jerry would have to "recap" that for us

Again, I can't stress enough how the novel "Revenge of the Sith" adds to what you see during the film. I think it's a must read for any SW fan who can afford the time and the 16$

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.