View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
baileycat
Fan Forum Star

Leaky has some new quotes from the interview:

New J.K. Rowling Interview Quotes from The Oprah Winfrey Show - The Leaky Cauldron

Quote:
A press release issued today has a number of new quotations from J.K. Rowling's interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show, which will air this Friday, 1st October. Speaking to Oprah about the pressure of sudden stardom, Rowling says, "At that point, I kept saying to people, yeah I’m coping…but the truth was there were times when I was barely hanging on by a thread."

The Harry Potter author also spoke about the moment she knew her life had changed forever, during her second tour of the USA:

'There was this enormous Barnes & Noble, and I thought, oh my God. And the queue snaked up the street, up the Barnes & Noble, up through four floors and they took me in the back entrance. They opened the door and they screamed. They screamed….That’s a real stand-out moment for me. I knew it was getting big in that there was press attention and so on, but at that point, that for me...was when it felt 'Beatle-esque.'

Last edited by baileycat; 09-27-2010 at 02:58 PM