View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
WildB
Master Fan

Kidman Bewitched By Happy Feet

Nicole Kidman told SCI FI Wire that she's providing a voice for director George Miller's upcoming animated musical, Happy Feet. "I got to sing a little bit," Kidman said in an interview while promoting her next film, Bewitched. "I'm a penguin. I hope a cute penguin."

Miller, like Kidman, is Australian. Though he's directed more than a dozen films, including the Mad Max trilogy and The Witches of Eastwick, Miller's last film was Babe: Pig in the City seven years ago. "He's obviously a huge talent, George, and he hasn't made a film for so long," Kidman said. Asked what songs she performs, Kidman replied: "I just did some pieces. I'm a very small role. I'm a big penguin, but a small role. From Bewitched to a penguin."

Happy Feet follows the plight of Mumble (Elijah Wood), a penguin whose inability to sing causes major problems for him, as penguins meet their mates through song. Other recognizable names lending their voices to the production include Brittany Murphy, Hugh Jackman and Robin Williams. The film will be released in November 2006.
Lifer #1