View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Kalinda Smith
Supreme Fan

Oh baby! It is ON in the Kalinda thread again!

Quote:
no I cannot remember
Damn! I'm uploading it today and I'll give you the YT link tomorrow! Such a cute scene

Quote:
that is going to be a great dynamic, to see how much more K risk for A.
I hope we get more of that.

Quote:
I kind of hope is not something so dark.....
Heh. You and Fluff... you're such sweeties. but sometimes life hands you more than lemons, you know what I mean?

Quote:
But why does she keep such mask on? Is it a conscious or unconscious thing? Is that part of the "coping mechanism" you're talking about?
Totally conscious. It's a damn effort at times but most of the time it's just routine. After a while you don't have to hide your emotions, you just do. Why? Like I said, part of her armor. The less people know about her and her weaknesses, the less they can hurt her. You have to understand that whatever the reason, she perceives emotions as a weakness and showing emotion as a sign of weakness that can be exploited. Remember her attitude when that dirty cop points to Burton? Her jaw almost hits the floor. Then she looks to Diane to see if she's been spotted and reajust herself in a more "Kalinda cool" pose. That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Quote:
It's a coping mechanism. It hurts so you hide it. It's the only way you can function.

Is that what makes you believe it's something traumatic in her past that shaped her personality?
You don't raise walls around yourself like that because you had a fight with your bff after she asked out the guy you wanted to ask to the prom, you know what I mean? It's got to be something deep that shook her faith in people and her ability to trust someone. Most likely a betrayal on a grand scale.

Quote:
So you think she's conflicted about her personality and she struggles against some primordial instinct? Is that what you were referring to when you said it could explain the ambiguity in some of her personality traits?
heh. I love when you remember things like that. Yep. it would make a lot of sense. Some inner conflict between her natural instinct and whatever life taught her the hard way.

ok. is about to go down so I'll go on this afternoon