View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 PM
barbeegurl00
Elite Fan

I think the main thing that really pissed me off about D/J (among many, MANY things) was that it was quite clear that Joey was done with the relationship from season three on. From then on, they just continued to beat a dead horse and add drama, giving bones to the D/J fans and instilling fear into P/J fans, but nothing EVER came out of it. The season five "revival"? Completely flat and wishy-washy. The one night stand that blinded us all? Just torture with an abrupt ending. And then we were expected to actually believe that Dawson was a contender for Joey's life partner five years later? The boy who she dated for four months total back when she was sixteen and never actually dated since, or really tried to? PLEEEEASE.

When Joey was with Pacey, she may have been overly concerned with Dawson's feelings and their friendship, but her love NEVER altered from Pacey, and I don't think it would have if Pacey had not taken it upon himself to end the relationship. Only then did Joey, heartbroken and scared, slink to her former childhood self and consider the idea of Dawson again. And of course, nothing came out of it because Joey didn't really want him. Nor did she ever truly pursue a relationship with him. EVER. AGAIN. Every time Joey was even considering Dawson after season two, she was clearly regressing in character and turning into a scared little child. But once she grew a spine, she was always right out the door!

And these two were supposed to be some kind of romantic threat?

Last edited by barbeegurl00; 08-25-2010 at 11:52 PM