View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:08 PM
mikan-chin
Loyal Fan

Oh, right, that thing I mentioned:

I'm wondering if when he says "here," if he means Morty, or rather a location that he drove Clare to. If that's the case, then that opens many more doors: if it's a body of water, they could have been horsing around and she accidentally drowned, etc etc.

My theory is, though, that Eli takes Clare to wherever his dead girlfriend died. That location is where, in the past, Eli and a bully were having a showdown or something. But then the girlfriend got in the way and was killed – by Eli or by the bully, either way it would have been an accident. Eli blames himself and develops that super intense hatred for bullies that we saw earlier.

Whatever happened though, I think Eli has gotten over his love for the girl but he just doesn’t want a similar situation with Clare. Or something.

On a side note, I really hope that his gothy style and fascination with dead was adopted before the dead girlfriend thing happened. I’ll be super disappointed if that’s his way of grieving – it’s too emo and predicable, and frankly I’m sick of that mopey character type.