View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:26 PM
ChakotaysLover
Elite Fan

so glad you had fun Mary!!!

New Thread!! and I have a fanfic to kick it off with!!

Kira sat in Quarks watching all the Cardassians and the Jem'Hadar roam the Promenade. She could help but curl her lip in disgust at the sight. To top it off Odo was late. She knew he was at a meeting with Weyoun and ducat, but it still irked her that he was late. He was the one solid thing in her life and seeing him everyday made her anger fade and her will to rebel take a nap. There would be nothing sweeter than finally planting her fist in Dukat's face, but that would bring a whole heap of trouble on her and knowing Odo he would try and save her from it; save her from herself.

"Sorry I'm late."

Turning Kira saw him and without thought she got up from her chair and hugged him. For an instant she could feel his body going stiff and then he relaxed into her hold. He even put his arms around her waist. Odo was the one thing she had needed today. She had needed to see him, to hear his voice, and to feel his arms around her. "You're here now and that's all that matters." Kira whispered.

Odo embraced her, embraced his love and for just one instant took pleasure in the feel of her against him. She was the right fit to him with no need to shape shift. Kira just fit to him. "Did something happen today?" Pulling back Odo searched her face, her eyes, for an answer.

"No, nothing really, except and irresistible urge to pummel Dukat." Kira replied and smiled. Despite the smile she knew that Odo knew she wasn't joking. If she ever had the chance she would more than willingly take her anger out on Dukat.

"How's that different from any other day?" Odo took her hand, leading her to the table she had vacated.

"It's not," Kira didn't try to take her hand from his. Any contact she could get with Odo was welcome if it helped to calm her sense of anger and outrage. Lately Odo was the only one who could calm her, talk sense to her, and make her anger fade. Just something about him made her respond in a way she never responded to anyone else. Together they sat and still Odo held her hand. Kira could only smile and feel content. Maybe there was something for her and Odo once the dominion left the station. Of course Odo would have to make a move to change their relationship.

Odo simulated a sigh and mentally changed gears from security officer to Kira's best friend. Every moment he spent with her renewed his being and helped him not to lose his own temper with the current regime on the station. Odo still held Kira's hand more for himself, to calm him. When he had first seen her Odo thought she had been an apparition with her fiery red hair and pale skin. But she had been a flesh and blood person who had a fire in her eyes to match the color of her hair. Even after she had left the station Odo still thought about her before he knew he loved her. "At least you don't give into your impulses." He commented and smiled.

"Wouldn't want to do that, I might end up in a cell." Kira joked tightening her grip slightly. He was he port in the storm. Odo was keeping her rage in check and he was keeping the memories of the Occupation at bay.

"It wouldn't be the first time," Odo shot back. Kira laughed at him with Odo grinning away. This was what he looked foreword to the most; being with Kira. When she smiled he was happy beyond all reason. He knew it was love and he wanted to keep the warmth that that love gave him going. Kira was the most important person in his life. He had to keep her safe.

"No, not the first time," Kira chuckled. She looked around Quarks and involuntarily tightened her grip when she saw Dukat. Odo said nothing turning to see what she saw. Rising Kira tugged Odo to his feet and made a quick escape to the promenade. They caught a lift taking them to her quarters all the while saying nothing.

After a few moments of silence Odo asked, "What was that about?"

"I felt a sudden need to beat Dukat into a bloody pulp." Kira looked at Odo, "It was either leave or you would have to haul me off to the security office." She smiled at him.

Odo let go of Kira's hand so he could pull her in close to his side. "Leaving was the right choice." He whispered.

"I knew you would think so." She responded and for a moment she indulged wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him back.