View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
heyitsrachel
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
To be honest, it feels like these last two seasons from the original belong in an alternate universe of their own.
Nice way of putting it. I feel like I was stuck for 2 years and couldn't get out.

Quote:
Nice poem selection - I think it parallels the choice in the relationship department really well.
Thanks!

Quote:
I view the husband/wife bond bigger than just the boyfriend/girlfriend status, even if there are kids involved in that. A marriage is a committment that is actively sought out, which I saw Brandon doing, whereas having children can and does happen unplanned - even if you do have to committ to the parenting once it happens. Not that I don't still think that having kids is a beautiful bond to share with the one you love. It is but since I'm more traditional, I find that to be the next secondary connection after a marriage.
Fair enough. For me, I think it's certainly harder to be a parent after a divorce or separation, especially if the parent is not with the kids all the time. If the parents do care, they will do anything to continue being a part in their kids lives. But I do believe in your statement that the bond between a husband and wife is bigger than a bond between boyfriend and girlfriend. I think as oppose to the kids which is more of an obligation for the parent to be with, the marriage portion is something that can be changed or altered based on how one feels about the other person. Sadly, feelings can change that could alter the marriage in a bad way. That's why I believe that S8 probably wasn't a good time for BK to get married ONLY because of all the stuff that happened earlier that season. Please understand I'm not saying that these two should never have gotten married. They should and start the family they always wanted. If Brandon had proposed in S7, I think there's no reason why they shouldn't be married. Of course, if Brandon had stayed till the end, I want the wedding to be in the finale. That'll be the fairytale wedding I was looking for.

But being single in the spinoff made me very sad about Kelly who in the end, she feels like she has nobody. To me, she seems lonely and has to resort to be set up on a blind date by Debbie who by the looks of it doesn't seem to be even interested in her at all. I could never see it considering Kelly had more of her fair share of men to choose from in the original series. I always wanted Brandon to show up unexpectedly at that fancy party in the episode that Kelly appeared in the spinoff....the one where Debbie accused Kelly of making a move on Harry. That would've been nice.

Brandon - "Well, Kelly Taylor as I live and breathe."