View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Manu9
Fan Forum Star

These pics are stills. Still are pictures taken by a photographer during shooting, I believe. A scene is filmed several times from different angles and then they are edited and cut and chosen when the episode is put together. Of course it can happen that a still taken during filming is different than how the scene is on the episode, because it might have been taken during a different shot than the one used for the episode or it might represent a moment that was instead cut on the episode that aired.
I think that picture of Justin and Ethan was taken during filming that scene and the scene actually happens like that, but the photographer chose to take a picture of them from the waiste up while the cameraman did a full body shot. That's the only difference.
The BJ kiss was clearly cut instead, I don't know why

ETA: Just rewatched the scene again because I'm curious Chase Ethan still has the violin during the kiss also on the episode. What he puts into the trunk is two bags. We see Justin carrying the violin untill the kiss, when instead you can see it hanging from Ethan's left shoulder. You can see the strap and then him putting the violin in the car before getting in himself. it's just a different take of the same scene. And Justin is supposed to pull away like that just because he's kidding on paparazzi being there and having to hide. The big difference is that in the still he doesn't have a happy face while on the actual episode he's smiling. Here's a cap:

Last edited by Manu9; 07-14-2010 at 05:20 AM