View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
shrrshrr
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebalance
hi, thanks for answering my question navami, i loved visiting bombay but cant imagine what it would be like to live there.

is abhishek going to be in alot of films this summer, he in another one who like kareena i didnt initially like but now think is a good actor. he also looks alot better recently, maybe its the confidence.
I totally agree with both these statements - I loved Bombay but couldn't live there (still, I'd visit again in a heartbeat), and I think both Abishek and Kareena have improved by leaps and bounds over the last two years or so - could definitely be confidence (and they're both better looking now, too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
Hi
Shrrshrr Is netflix worth it for hindi movies ? Every summer we join it and watch english movies and get up to date
Yep, I think so - they're getting better...probably because the big Hindi movie service like NetFlix closed down (and they were both based here in California). I suspect there's a greater demand for Hindi movie titles because they've increased their stock recently.

But if you especially like older films then it's terrific. The only thing - I'm not sure how they are for movies in other dialects as I'm not familiar with them.

They also have many of the new releases that were blockbusters - for example, I've got Mujse Shaadi Karoge and Lakeer in my queue, but Dhoom is still not available (although you can save it, they don't have enough copies to rent them out, yet).

So yeah - I'd do it if I were you.

Also, great thread title - I don't care who you all choose for the 'z' name...whichever you decide on should be fine.

spazzie - where are you going this summer? Sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
I am sure everybody must be aware that Sunil Dutt and Ismial Merchant passed away ? May they rest in peace .
Avs talked about SD and his movies, politics, family and will have IM's last interview next week.
Oh! No, I hadn't heard that, but as I said I haven't been watching the Hindi movie shows these last 2 1/2 months. Guess I should get back into it...

My LJ for Movies