View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:08 AM
malrie
Dedicated Fan

Actors Casting Directors Love: Part 2

Quote:
Chris Game on Jorge Garcia and Jason Segel

I had the privilege of casting Jorge Garcia and Jason Segel in a 2005 film called "The Good Humor Man."

I had met Jorge on his first commercial, which was, I believe, a Sprite commercial, and then went on to cast him in many commercials. He was always a tremendous joy to work with in every sense of the word. His on-set attitude was always wonderful, his waiting-room attitude was always wonderful, and his auditions were always terrific. The thing about Jorge is oftentimes Jorge would come in for a gig that you think is not right for Jorge, and once he comes in, then everybody's thinking he's perfect.

Jason was someone I was aware of from "Freaks and Geeks" who I had to have for this little film I was casting. I really believed in him. I met him first at a reading at Anthony Edwards' house. Jason really wanted to be in this film, and he really did his homework.

Jorge and Jason were both very humble about it, and that really touched me. On the set, they would geek out on the entire soundtrack of "Les Misérables" and sing all of its songs together in these bleachers at some park or high school we were shooting at.

Not only are these two of the nicest and most talented actors I've ever met; they're also two of the smartest. I had a whole bunch of people come in to the "Good Humor Man" auditions, and many of them are stars now. And everybody who came in off-book for that project is now famous. And everybody who didn't was either some nobody or a friend of mine.

Working on "The Good Humor Man" was one of the greatest experiences of my life thanks to Jorge and Jason and writer-director Tenney Fairchild.

Chris Game has been casting commercials, music videos, and movies for more than a decade.