View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
smile4me06
Part-Time Fan

The DJ dance throughout the whole series is seriously sickening.. The way that Pacey describes it in "Valentine's Day Massacre" is spot on. I just finished re-watching "The Anti-Prom" and "True Love", and I just can't stand how Joey is so easily manipulated by Dawson.

I think she mostly allowed for that because she was so fearful of the future, though. Dawson was familiar, safe, and comfortable, and family to her. She thought that if she let that go she wouldn't have the safe-haven anymore. Joey knew Dawson well enough to know that if she went with Pacey things would change between them. In "True Love" when they're talking on the docks she says she wants to know that Dawson won't hate her and that things won't change between them, and he can't say that because he knows they will and so does she (which of course should NOT be the case). Joey was just always so scared, and Dawson knew how to manipulate her because of that fact.

Finnegan I'm highly doubting that Kevin Williamson's mission in creating "Dawson's Creek" was to depict the mate-selection process in the contemporary West.