View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 11:46 PM
shrrshrr
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes Angel
Anyways yeh when i heard about Rani Mukerjee and Govinda i was like "WHAT!" shes soo beautifull and hes... not and hes like 100 years older than her!, But you cant choose who you fall in love with!
That's very true, we can't - but he still creeps me out...I can't help it!

OTB - that sounds kind of interesting, really - I'm definitely going to see that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami
Hi
OTB BTW not sure if its true, Rani , let Govinda stay at her appartment when he left home /wife. She (Rani) was not even in town at that time. They are pretty good friends and he is very much liked by all !!
That's very sweet of her to let him stay there during trouble, and I'm not doubting he's a nice guy, he just sort of squicks me - sorry. I didn't mean to offend you if you're a fan of his. Everyone has different tastes.

Isn't there someone here who's mom really likes Govinda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebalance
there is also this really strange programme on star where wannabe designers have to design an outfit for kareena to wear to an premiere. its quite good to watch and despite initially not being a kareena fan she seems nice in it and hardly wears any make up and yet looks really good.
That's an odd premise for a show, but as I'm really getting into Kareena it sounds kind of fun (like you I didn't care for her at first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa
Does anyone here watch Showbiz India? Is it just me or are the presenters very fake and unnatural? I don't know but they just really annoy me - they ought to learn a thing or two from AVS.
I love the show (so much better and more informative than AVS), but I have to agree - their announcers are wooden, rush their lines, and are almost unintelligible. I don't know what it is. Even the semi-cheesy local Hindi shows are better presented.

Still, as I said - as far as overall information and format I think it's pretty superior.

I haven't watched it in weeks although I usually watch it 'religiously' and even tape it if I'm going to miss it - but I've been sick and I just don't have the energy. Plus, they changed the schedule so it doesn't fit my lifestyle as well (it's on late, now).

OTB - I actually loved Veer-Zaara, but then I went to the theater with friends, it was a huge 'party' and everyone had a wonderful time. It had a lot to do with atmoshpere, you know? If I watched it at home I wouldn't have had as much fun, I'm pretty sure.

navami - I totally want to see Dev and love the music. The previews always looked so good, but tough to watch.

If you get a chance, please feel free to send me a PM about Bewaafa - I want to know the specifics of what happens in this version of the story (and yeah, you spelled it correctly), but I don't want anyone else to get spoiled if they don't want to. I'd really appreciate it.

And I only speak and read Sanskrit from back in my grad school days! Didn't help me at all when I went to India.

So I finally watched Lakshya and I have to say that it was so much better than I was led to believe. It was subtle, which was a nice change, and I found myself drawn in despite everything. I cared about all the characters and the battle scenes didn't bore me - for once they made sense because I don't know that much about Kargil (it happened right after I left India), and it's hard to relate unless you follow an individual's storyline.

Sure, it was glossy, etc., but it wasn't such an incredible downer like LOC, which was too overwhelming, you know?

Next up (I hope) I finally get to see Mujse Shaadi Karoge. Since I'm still sick at home I can't go to the theater.

My LJ for Movies

Last edited by shrrshrr; 05-28-2005 at 11:54 PM