View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM
LolaRuns
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Now THAT I completely agree with, I think Stefan could have easily loved Bonnie, I mean what not to love. A loyal, attractive, magical witch who doesn't take nobody mess It should probably be a What IF episode and Bonnie was the first one to notice Stefan before Elena
Oh, you mean like an actual AU episode on the show. Oh that would be very neat. I could totally see the show tackle some AU episode and on the side it is implied that Bonnie and Stefan are a couple in that AU.

I do often wonder what would have changed if Bonnie/Stefan had been the main story. Like, Stefan goes to highschool to spy on Elena (because she looks like Katherine) but slowly falls for her best friend Bonnie. I think it would still have been a pretty neat show I think, just different. Heh, and rather than using Elena finding Katherine's picture they probably would have used Bonnie thinking there is something between Elena and Stefan as the Big!Mistunderstanding! moment. Like maybe she finds Katherine's pic and thinks that means that Stefan loves Elena, but no, he's just spying on her or trying to protect her

Either way, I think it would have been awesome and hilarious to see Grams' reaction in that universe where her granddaughter loves a vampire

I hope nobody sees that as a knock on Stelena, I do like them too and I think Elena is an awesome heroine, but sometimes I like to wonder what if; I also think that it would really have suited Stefan's personality.

Another part is that I really love Stefan a lot. I like the chemistry between Delena as well, but it also sucks that those scenes also sometimes feel like they will majorly break Stefan's heart or that maybe Elena just doesn't love Stefan as much as he loves her I just really think that he deserves some happiness too in the end. And ending where Delena are together and Stefan is alone would really suck I think, even if Delena were to potentially have earned their love at that point.

So whenever I feel like the show is going too heavily into the Delena direction I just feel really bad for Stefan and think that it sucks that he couldn't have loved Bonnie instead, especially if they are both alone with Delena happening and they have so much in common.

Not that I'm convinced it would ever work on the show like that (Elena breaks Stefan's heart, Bonnie/Stefan become a couple). I actually I think that it would be a huge obstacle for Bonnie that Elena was with Stefan first, even if she had gotten over the vampire thing and if Elena had very much given them her blessing. I think Bonnie just seems like the kind of person who would be uncomfortable dating her best friend's ex.

I think this is also why I have a hugely hard time picturing Bonnie/Matt in this universe as a real love relationship when with Matt both Elena and Caroline have had him already.

And with Stefan on the other side, I think for him falling in love is a huge decision, so I think it would take him a long time before he would try it again. Especially with somebody like Bonnie where it would have to be serious, he already knows her, likes her, she's intrinsically linked to Elena, etc. She could never just be an easy and comfortable rebound relationship.

That's why, when I picture fanfiction Bonnie/Stefan I tend to picture him developing feelings before Elena has left him (maybe has feelings for Damon already, but is still with Stefan) or several years in the future (like college or beyond).

Quote:
I agree I also see Bonnie and Stefan becoming friends again, As I have been saying since the beginning hopefully they will have a similar relationship like Lexi/Stefan.
I really loved it when Julie Plec said that Stefan is having a hard time making friends because Lexi was his friend and she was murdered because of him and that that still affects him. So, I would really love it if that played into a slowly growing Bonnie and Stefan friendship, that he really wants to be her friend but he's hesitant because of Lexi.