View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
break the window
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I think in a lot of ways, he had allowed Ephram to talk back to him and say what he wanted for most of S1 because he felt he kind of deserved it.
ICA...totally Ephram never would have talked that way to Julia, he didn't when he, in his way, argued with her in the flashbacks about getting out and leaving. And Andy never faught back, he just took it. He took the blame for everything, and sometimes quite humorously. But it was really sad how he let Ephram just beat him down becuase he wasn't there for him. But a great scene though. Andy completely defending Julia's affair because he wasn't there, for any of them. H ow can you not love a husband for that? I mean, he almost lets Ephram think he was okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
But Ephram crossed a line at that point.
yes he did. A lot of times Ephram crossed the line, but this one was the breaking point. He just assumed had ever idea that Andy was the one who cheated, that Andy was breaking up the marriage. He never wanted to believe, even when Andy told him that Julia had been unfaithful and by going away, relieving the tension, it was Andy who tried to save the marriage. There was no way of saving that marriage. Andy would have always been Doctor Brown first, family man second. Julia would have always been defending him. But everyone has their breaking point of bitterness and lonliness that they crack. I believe Julia would have given Andy some sort of ultimatum, no matter how much she loved him. The hospital or his family. At the rate Ephram was getting angry, Julia would have to make a choice in order to keep her son.
{EphramAmy}
patricia