View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Patricia, did you get the DVDs?
I hear that she did. And she'll have S2 pretty soon too.

Quote:
Yeah, explained in another thread. I was shocked that it was Julia who had met someone else. It was so easy for Andy to meet someone and for us to hate him for it. But for Andy to not only not blame Julia for having an affair, but to say he understood. Andy was a far better husband than we gave him credit for. I agree for him staying at a hotel, in efforts of saving his marriage. And he didn't mind being hated for it. Because he was never there. He took so much heat from Ephram because he could sense the anger that Ephram had built up over the years and finally wasn't afraid to let it out.
Oh, so well said, Patricia. I really agree with all of that. I think we finally get the sense in this episode that Andy, although a bad father and husband, realized the effect he was having on Julia and probably even Ephram to an extent. That he wasn't the worst thing ever. It's just sad, though, that the cheating didn't push him to really reflect and change. It just made him realize. That's not enough. But he was amazing in this episode understanding why Julia did what she did, and just handling Ephram beautifully. That kiss in the office, I've said it before and will undoubtedly will say it again, will always give me chills.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood