View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 AM
TheAngel
Supreme Fan

The Backpacking/Hikers thread #1: Because there's nothing like it in the world

Hey everyone,
So, I looked around and didn't see a thread like this so I thought I'd go on and post one. I was wondering if anyone else around here was an avid (or even an occasional) backpacker/hiker like I am. I've only been backpacking once, but I hike regularly, normally three miles two or three times a week, and now that I've graduated from college and have a little more freedom and a little more time and money, I plan on doing a lot more backpacking. Actually, I'm hoping to plan a trip in the next couple weeks before it gets too hot.
So, anyway, I thought it would be fun to make a thread where we could talk about backpacking and hiking. If anyone's interested, please feel free to post. And if this is a repeat of a thread that already exists, sorry I missed it

Backpacking/Hiking/Camping Links

The Ready Store~ Has all the freeze-dried food options a backpacker/camper could possibly want and it's better priced here than at most camping stores. Also a survival store, they sell very nice pre-made medkits that would be great for your next camping or hiking trip just in case something happens.

The Backpacker ~Contains reviews on just about everything. Gear and trails are reviewed by people who have actually used the equipment and been on the trails. There are also great articles for beginners and advanced hikers alike, as well as a forum to ask questions and a trip forum to plan an outing with a group of people who have the same interests you do.

Sierra Club Trails ~ The Sierra Club trails site has a huge catalog of hiking and backpacking trails from people who have actually been on them. Kind of a wikipedia of trails, but with great information, equipment lists, and advice for hiking the trails. It's really just a great overall site for anyone wanting to pick a trail and do some hiking or backpacking. Categorizes the trails by state, which is really nice if you don't know trail names in your area.

Last edited by TheAngel; 05-08-2010 at 07:59 AM
TheAngel is offline   Reply With Quote