View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Indian Summer
Total Fan

Quote:
On "Lost," the parents of the step siblings married when the kids were 12 and 14 - meaning they'd already hit puberty, and it was too late for them to develop a sibling bond. In their case, they're not related by blood AND they don't have a sibling bond, so is it incest in any sense?
It depends on your perception, really. I think Boone possibly always harbored a crush and eventually more for Shannon, and Shannon relied on him very similarly to the way some use their boyfriends- as a protector, someone to bail you out of trouble, etc. I'm not saying it's right, but they weren't physically or emotionally siblings. (Granted, I shipped Max/Isabel on Roswell, so I'm not sure how reliable my views are). I think the biggest issue with "LOST" though, is that "Hearts and Minds," the episode with the Boone/Shannon kiss, was the one immediately following LOST winning a family friendly award, and due to it's early prime time slot, it was more risky.

Personally, I enjoyed the Boone/Shannon relationship. The way it played out was interesting, and I think most people were somewhat expecting that flashback development. I remember after watching the pilot back in July or August my first thought was, "They're sooo not siblings." Even the way Shannon paused when Claire asked if Boone was her boyfriend, or the way Boone reacted to Shannon's asthma attack, etc. It was very clear to me that something was up, so I think I was actually a bit relieved when it was learned they weren't biologically related.

Wenn man füreinander bestimmt ist, kann die Welt untergehen – aber man ist wenigstens zu zweit. Lieber gemeinsam ertrinken, als alleine verbrennen.