View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 01:00 PM
AmericanDreamsFanClub
Part-Time Fan

Here is the news that I posted to the Fan Club Yahoo Group...

OK, so there is still no news regarding the ultimate fate of American Dreams. HOWEVER... here is the news I got this morning from Jonathan Prince...

Jeff Zucker DEFINITELY saw the banner, as well as many others from the NBC offices. Mr. Zucker is in LA this week and next because they are screening all the pilots, and deciding what the fall line-up will be. All our efforts have not gone unnoticed- either by NBC or the AD production staff. Mr. Prince himself says it is all greatly appreciated.

Good news, huh? So we should all be praying and hoping that some of NBC's pilots really stink, because that will give us a better chance at having AD fit into next season's schedule.

Also, a couple random pieces of news...

I had only been to Burbank one other time in my life before this past Wednesday. I had NO idea that this city block was the Mecca of tv production studios. The WB studios are right next door to NBC, and ABC and Disney are in the immediate vicinity. Rhino Records, Elektra Records, and Warner Records are around the corner. Our aerial banner could be seen from all of these studios and offices. VERY good publicity. And do you want to hear the best part? Dick Clark Productions is practically across the street from NBC, they face each other. Before the plane arrived, I went to Dick Clark Productions and gave them the heads-up in case any of them wanted to see it. They were very supportive!

While I was standing outside of the studios trying to get video of the banner, there were all these people standing outside in a line... and I realized that they were standing in line to see a taping of the Ellen DeGeneres show. All of a sudden, someone yells, "There she is!!!" and everybody starts clapping and waving. Ellen was driving up to the studio! She was waving and saying hi to everyone from her car, so I yelled, "Ellen! Look up in the sky!!" She said, "I can't, I'm driving!" But hopefully once she drove in and parked, she looked up and saw our efforts. It would be really great if she did since we have all been writing her about having the cast of AD on her show.

AND... NOW THE BEST FOR LAST...

Brian Williams, (the "Nightly News" anchor on NBC) is a huge fan of American Dreams. He just happened to be in LA on Wednesday, and he was driving into the studio while our banner was flying. He called Mr. Prince, and congratulated him on such a cool idea, and said he was going into NBC meetings that morning, and was going to tell everyone he came in contact with to go look at the banner. Very cool, huh?

Thanks so much to all of you who donated, and who have contacted NBC. You a such a huge part of this success!

We're Keeing the Dream Alive...

Leigh
americandreamsfanclub@yahoo.com