View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 AM
weens
Dedicated Fan

The Lydia story arc stole my heart last night and I cried....a lot. Haven't done that on OTH in a long time. Joy, Lindsey, Bess were the rocks of this arc, but James, Jackson and Shantel stepped up against the great support they had in Joy, Lindsey and Bess. I wish that this family could stay on the show, finding some way to miraculously bring Lydia back or even give them a spin off because there is so much more to be told with the James family and if you add the crazy Scotts to the mix, what a combo. It was just refreshing to see real family drama, like Brothers and Sisters, and not triangles, stalkers, blackmailers or a father who is dying but gets a heart in some small town in Mexico of course after his first heart got eaten by a dog.

I think the show is now realizing what an asset Joy is to the show and are finally cashing in on her talent, a little to late considering this might be the last season. If they continue to give Joy good material she can sink her teeth into maybe the CW will consider going an extra season. Fingers crossed. The original audience has grown along with the show and we have higher expectations than what we have been getting. They need to continue with good old fashion life drama and leave all the gimmicks and clichés to the other new teen drama shows.

All the other arcs for me provide a great respite so I can prepare for the next James scenes.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote