View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Chi159
Master Fan

According to ESPN, BALCO supplied Bonds, Giambi, and Sheffield with steroids. All I can say is-- BIG SURPRISE!!! Denial can only work for so long. Eyes don't alter reality. It's obvious these guys have been using something, and it wouldn't surprise me to find out it's 'roids.

Nomar to the NY Yankees? Hell no! What possible need could they have for him? I can't see that rumor coming to fruition, even if we're talking about the free-spending Yanks. They don't need another SS on their team, especially one who is overpaid for the below average defense and road BA he provides. I'd laugh if it happened, though. It would add more fuel to the fire for Boston fans. Think they hate Clemens? Nomar would be their newest target.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin:
<STRONG>
Here's something that New York doesn't have - prospects! Baseball America's Top 10 Prospects.
</STRONG>
That's the *one* positive to take away from the Evil Empire's hording of superstars. They no longer have the top-flight prospects to entice clubs to trade away their big guns. I hope that bodes well for the future. Plus, let's not forget that the Yankees' recent titles were a direct by-product of the guys they developed through their farm system (Williams, Jeter, Soriano, Rivera, etc.). That's no longer happening.