View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Shaolin
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Ironically, came across on ESPN that the Yankees may empty out the remainder of their farm system en masse to acquire (yes, wait for it!) an All-Star caliber 2B to replace Soriano.

The name I saw floating around was Jose Vidro of the Expos...</STRONG>
I'll do you one better. It's not an actual "rumour," but there's a scenario out of the New York Daily News that has Nomar Garciaparra going to the Evil Empire to play second. That's right boys and girls, Nomar Garciaparra! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
If there is one thing the A-Rod deal has taught us, it's that nothing is impossible now around the Yankees when they go after somebody. They have no budget and no conscience. And, clearly, are always ready to think outside the box. A-Rod is not just the best player in baseball now, he is one of the best players of all time. When he shows up on Opening Day, he will be the greatest righthanded hitter the New York Yankees have had since Joe DiMaggio. If the Yankees can go after him and get him, what's to stop them for doing the same with Nomar?
You can read the entire article here.

If The Boss ever pulls this off, MLB might as well get rid of half the teams in the league and let the big boys battle it out.