View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Enigma
Moderator Support Team

I agree about never ruling anything out........especially on a TV show. lol But, I don't think there's anything "more" behind Madison writing father unknown on the birth certificate or form or whatever it was that they were referring to (sorry I will have to go back and hear the exact wording). I can only imagine how Ephram felt when he heard that. However, I don't think Madison was doing it out of cruelty or because she didn't know who the father was, etc. I know from experience that if you want to give a baby up for adoption you have to have the father's consent unless you claim you don't know who it is (there are a couple of other exceptions too). Since she wasn't going to tell Ephram it makes sense that she claimed the father was unknown to get around getting his consent.

I lurk on the episode discussion threads on this board all the time because I love reading all your thoughts on each episode. Everwood is such a wonderful show and continues to amaze me. I agree that Emily and Greg as well are both teriffic young actors. Emily knocked this episode out of the park.