View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
jules166
Master Fan

DZ is a phenomenal actor!

Can I be added to the supporter list?

I'm a huge fan of this actor and the character, Dante.

As for the DZ vs JJ debate, I have to be honest. Sometimes, I think JJ over acts in his scenes. On the other hand, I think DZ has a rare ability of being able to convey emotions in a subtle and genuine way without over acting or going overboard. I do like JJ a lot as well, and I think JJ is a lot better than Greg's version of Lucky. But I honestly feel that JJ tends to cry too much in lots of scenes even BEFORE the Nikolas/Liz reveal.

Just honest opinion.

Oh, and I think the scene where Dante tells Sonny all about why he is taking him down is one of the BEST acted scenes that I've seen. When DZ as Dante gives Sonny the big speech about how he hopes Sonny's kids will never see Sonny like this, all cold. And how Dante is doing this for his mentor. That scene alone is SUPERB. And is chilling. Just the pain/emotion/anger/etc in that scene alone. Just wow. Right before Sonny shot him.

The way that DZ delivers these below lines especially gets to me! Just chilling! And straight to the point. Definitely invoking a range of emotions!

Quote:
"You went on with your worthless, pathetic life. Being chauffeured around in your black limousine, wearing your fancy suits, demanding and receiving respect from everyone. But not from ME, Sonny. I don't respect you. I despise you!"

"I think you should pray, Sonny. Not for me. But for your kids. You pray they never see you the way I'm seeing you right now. Cold-eyed bastard who'll kill anyone to get whatever the hell he wants."

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G

Last edited by jules166; 02-07-2010 at 09:58 PM
jules166 is offline   Reply With Quote