View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Great posts, everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. Okay, I'll give some of mine, now.

Ephram: Part of me felt for him and the other part wanted to strangle him. Ephram's world has been turned upside down in a huge way. What a shock this poor guy is having to endure.. But, I do feel like he was quite over the top at times where his brain was somehow taken out of his head. Sure, most guys would literally be jumping for joy that the responsibility of conceiving a child, and dealing with the repercussions of that was taken care of. Not Ephram, and that's what I love about this guy. But, what troubles me a bit is his inability to even conjure up any rational thinking right now. Even a shred. I don't doubt that his huge dream for a career in piano was never ultimately about desperately needing Juilliard, so that doesn't totally bother me, but what does is how he didn't even give Amy so much as an ounce of appreciation for her busting her ass to get him another audition. What also bothers me is how he is allowing to let Amy, his true love, this amazing girl that has stuck by him and only wants the best for him, to slip away. This is the same girl that he has loved intensely for three, whole years.

So, while I more than understand Ephram's pain and anger, the way that he treated Amy in this episode did not allow me to sympathize with him one bit. Amy is the best thing that has ever happened to him and throughout his brain falling off from time to time in this episode, I would still have thought that he would never forget this. I still love Ephram and I know that his actions were fueled by his painful discovery of the Andy/Madison betrayals but I can't say that I agreed with his every action, tonight.

My heart did break for him whenever he found out about the "father unknown" bit. Hmm, why on earth did Madison put that on there? Was it to further the cruel behavior or was it because she honestly doesn't know who the father is? At this point, I don't think we can rule anything out.

Amy: You blow me away. What a beauty this girl is, both inside and out. EVC was phenomenal, as usual. Damn, this girl is talented. Amy should be thinking about prom, college, a future with Ephram, etc. And yet, she was dealt the bad cards of having to take on the stuff that Ephram is dealing with and she attempted to help Ephram anyway possible because of her love for him. Her "assface" comment was classic! I felt every shred of pain that Emily was giving as Amy. Emily, how you don't have an Emmy by now is beyond me. If this show were on any other network, I believe that you would have one, for sure.

Delia: Damn, that Vivien Cardone is one great, little actress! Maybe Emily and Vivien read lines together or something? lol Delia rocked as she called out her father. Andy was clueless as ever in relating to her.

Andy: Still not feeling anything remotely positive with him. All I have to say is his jealousy towards Jake/Nina secretly makes me happy. He deserves to feel some pain.

Hannah: I still love this girl, but the church bit did have me a bit bored, and this is coming from a Catholic that also frets about certain things. lol You can so tell that Topher is the transitional guy before B/H get together.

Bright/Hannah: Love these two! I loved their fight and I can totally see both of them mutually falling for each other right now. I can't wait to see how things develop for these two.

Ephram/Andy: It's very obvious to me that these two wil be estranged for quite some time. Ephram almost sounded a "calm/scary" whenever he said that he was going to be leaving soon.

My last thought on E/A in general.. I love these two so much, but I feel like a break is so warranted for these two. I hate saying this because I wish there was another way but I don't see it. There are just way too many things to deal with right now and I almost feel like they are in need of being apart romantically for a while so they can both individually deal with things on their own and whenever they come back together, they will be stronger than ever. The saying of, "sometimes love just isn't enough" rings true for these two. They are both desperately and completely in love with each other but that's the very reason of why I think THEY NEED a break.. Because whenever they come back together, it will be better than ever for these two.

Overall, great episode, Wow, season 3 does seem to be ending with a bang.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-26-2005 at 04:02 PM