View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Chase.This.Light
Fan Forum Hero

I'll review the reviews later.

So, it seems I was able to write a load of stuff on this episode. This might be my longest review ever!! I have no idea howit happened. It's over 2700 words - about half of it is taken up with me rambling on about the teaser only and going off on tangents about other stuff

I have mixed reviews about reviewing this episode. I'm excited for Clois and Lois/Zod and Clark Zod, but well, when I saw the small bits of Dark Archer/Ollie on Friday - I was bored. I was really tempted to just review the good stuff, I might end up doing that but we'll see.

How great is it that Clois seem to have their own score music now? IMO it's a rare thing in TV and it says a lot about the couples that they are bestowed the "honour". I really only recall Dawson and Joey and Buffy and Angel having theme music before this. DJ actually had TWO!!

So because of said score music for Clois I love that we know the first scene is of Clois before we see them. It certainly had me excited right away! That Clois score could possibly play in a scene where Clois don't speak to each other or even look at one another and I'd still be happy

Clois on a date!! Clois all dressed up!! It's like all of our Christmases come at once. The wait for Clois scenes (since Pandora), while exceedingly long was well worth it in the end. They're dating! I want to try a crantini now, but again, what is with the dig at Lois alcohol intake? I understand that SV doesn't show a lot of alcohol being consumed and given the demographic they're trying to put out that "drink responsibly" message, but does it always have to be at Lois' expense? And from Clark? Like he's judging her. Why not have Lois say she only had one drink because she was being responsible (given she is going to be driving) which has a more positive message. They make it sound instead like she's had a lot to drink - the comment about all the shoes that could be bought for kids - and I don't care how much coffee Lois has drank - after 2 hours she'd still be over the legal limit in my neck of the woods anyways. Does Clark track her drinking because he doesn't drink?

Sorry, I'll get off my high horse now. It just bugs me. Anyways, moving on.

I love that Lois too the umbrella And that sometimes she's holding it over Clark's head and other times she's not. When Lois says their first public outing as a couple, does she mean in front of colleagues? I'd imagine date five isn't the first time they've actually ventured outdoors. Surely their dates haven't been limited to the Talon and the farm?

I can totally picture Lois not letting Clark help her with her coat and her giving him a dirty look for even trying. His mother would be proud to know she instilled manners in him. I the moment just as she's saying she "held his hand" (see avi) and she touches Clark's arm - the way he looks down at her hand and the smile he has on his face. Sort of like he's thinking "Lois touched me"!!

"Ollie's gotten over bigger hurdles in his life than his friends dating". Yeah, like having the crap scared out of him. I actually usually have a thing about friends dating ex-girlfriends of a friend but well, Clark and Ollie haven't been the best of friends.

Clark Kent and Lois Lane...Who knew?
I Did.

The smile on his face as she asked that and the sincerity with which he replied. Clark doesn’t smile as he responds and I wonder if it's because he's being serious in what he's saying, like a smile on his face wouldn’t have had the same impact. I know it's been said before but I'm saying it again Wellance are convincing as Lois and Clark in love. The look on her face after Clark's reply, she did not expect to hear that. I still think Clark Kent's tour of the galaxy was purely innocent. And as she gives him the umbrella and says "Smallville", she's totally looking at his lips (I know they do that a bit), when he turns her around she's still looking at his lips and I wonder if that's Erica anticipating the kiss, Erica doing it on purpose as Lois or something that was scripted or a directional note.

Which btw - now that I'm speaking about directing notes has me wondering - when/if Tom directs Erica when there is a Clois kiss scene (if we get one in AJ) - and he had a note for her on the kiss, would he say "when you kiss Clark..." or "when you kiss me..."? My minds just wandering all over the place.

Public kissage!! Although the streets are kind of deserted and Clark looks like he's prepared for Lois to give him into trouble for the kiss, but she doesn’t.

PDA #4, on date # 5. We really need to know what all the rest of those were. Like I mean now.

Clark's 5 weeks comment makes me think they've set a ground rule either for something not to happen until 5 weeks from now, or until they've been together 5 weeks. If it's the former then maybe it's once they've been dating for 2 months? Or maybe not.

"You're the one I want to get it right with".

his cute little smile!! The way he says "night"

BTW, how was Clark meant to be getting home? Separate cars?

Of course Clark ends up with Blur duties and I wonder what would have happened had he not been called away? I thought a quick kiss on her cheek would have been nice but that's me and I'm curious about what their plans were meant to be for the next day.

How sexy was Tom strutting away towards the phone booth? Wow a full 2 minutes into the actual episode before my gushing. This is a lot of typing for two minutes worth of review

Lois says "The galaxy will be there next week" and I wonder if her resolve is breaking. She looks so happy she could just burst.

"Come on Oliver, jealous much"!

But not laughing too much now that Lois' life is in danger. Again!

Arrows are dangerous, right? Why then does Ollie use them if he's not intending to kill people?

I know at this stage I'm not meant to know about the Dark Archer but well, spoiled and all I do. He had to be a great shot in order to hit Lois and not hurt her because good aim can only take you so far when your prey's (Lois) movements are unpredictable. I mean she could have veered to the left or right, stumbled and fell, turned around and the arrow could have killed her. But then I doubt the DA would have cared.

Justin is SHIRTLESS! I'm paying attention and a bit more interested in his story now. They really were playing the "let's have them think it's Ollie that shot Lois" angle. Why did Chloe call Ollie first? Anyone? Why not call Clark, ya know her boyfriend?

I still squee seeing TW - co-exec producer.

Zod's little apple history lesson is funny - Clark gets what you are saying Zod, loud and clear - give us our powers, share.

The lighting on Tom in this scene is fantastic...or maybe it's just the Tom effect...freaking sexy whatever it is.

Why do Zod's people (they are not Clark's people - Clark from Krypton, Zod and gang - clones created on Kandor - sorry Rachel) need the powers? It’s not as though they will be like Clark and use them to help people other than themselves. I’m sort of at a loss as to how Clark thinks giving Zod friendship (which we’ve not seen yet) but no powers will change the future. Zod says they don’t want to conquer – I’m no convinced. Zod says they need to defend themselves. Defend themselves from what I ask? The Kandorians will only be outed if they out themselves…which might happen if you’re really honestly giving blood!! Zod says he didn’t kill Jor-El – I’m sure he did. Right?

Clark at this point seems to be a little stupid, I love you really I do but stupid, stupid, stupid! Mentioning Lois in front of Zod? Did you not see what happens later coming? I love that Clark ran right out without a word to Zod.

And now we have Clark blaming himself for Lois being hurt. Quit it already. Although, you’ve put Lois on Zod’s radar and that one is all you!! So when he hurts her you have permission to blame yourself then. Better?

I love concerned Clark and that Lois is honest about who hurt her. Knowing what she knows about Ollie/GA it would be heard for her to think Ollie hurt her but I wonder if Lois doesn’t know that Clark knows, then shouldn’t Clark have asked her how she knew it wasn’t GA?

Poor Ollie!

I wonder if Clark’s thinking “Ollie I will kill you” and thinks it’s Ollie that did it.

The hair stroke, shoulder touch, hand holding combo almost has me hyperventilating.

Ollie goes back to LuthorCorp and we see him with the arrows that creepy archer dude gave him. Would you really keep them?

at Lois comment about taking flowers from strangers she’s never met before. I totally love Lois/zod. She’s not completely trusting of him and he’s fishing for information I think. Lois mentions Clark’s adoptive parents being his only parents and not knowing his real parents and Zod sees that as Lois not knowing Clark’s true origins and identity but did it ever occur to Zod that she may be protecting Clark and doesn’t blurt out his secret to anyone who claims to know him? Lois looked more impressed with the flowers than the charm. Haha.

This review is taking far too long to put together so I’m gonna start skimming over things.

I actually quite liked Mia in this episode, there was more or a story/relationship with her and Ollie and at the end when she says to Ollie she won’t tell anyone she knew GA – I liked her a little more.

I’m curious as to if Ollie knew who shot Lois and that it was tied to him, I think he did know because he went and got the arrows, but then why didn’t he maybe tell Chloe and Clark, warm them they could be targets. He told Mia to leave – which also suggests he knew.

Chloe’s gonna get shot. Sorry, that’s a bit too cheerful to be sort of singing. How is it possible that Chloe with her wizardry with technology can have her computer system compromised by a guy with antiquated arrows? Is this again just so it lends to the theory that it was Oliver? And why does the DA have a suit almost identical to Ollie’s?

Poor Mia’s gonna get kidnapped.

In as much as Chloe has been bugging me I enjoyed the scene between her and Clark at watchtower – she’s starting to think maybe she did this to Ollie. Maybe her grand plan in Roulette backfired majorly. I’m glad she came clean about it to Clark and that he’s not happy with it. How can she compare what he does saving people to what she did to Ollie. She went to the extreme, surely she sees that now with the fact she thinks Ollie might have gone a little nuts. Chloe seems to think doing what’s necessary is a good enough reason for doing things, irrespective of the consequences or if it’s right which just reminds me of Failsday and how she’s not learned. But here she says in a round about sort of way that it shouldn’t have been done if it broke him. Also, when is she gonna tell him about what Jor-El was doing at the Farm in Kandor? Especially now that we know the significance to it.

The Danish underwear model line is very funny, Lois gets the best lines. It seems in this scene Ollie is only putting the pieces together, so maybe he didn’t get it before.

It really sounds like the DA dude says Bored Again. I’m not as bored as I thought I’d be but still This is better than Ollie’s story in Echo. Even when ollie says his name twice it sounds like Bored Again, or maybe Born Again.

Bored again talks too much.

When we see Clark at watchtower when they see Mia on the satellite image he’s not dressed as the Blur but then when he stops Ollie getting shot with the arrow he’s all Blurred up - did he really have time for a costume change when someone’s life was in danger Clark says to Chloe he’s been worried about her and she says something about not being lost and everything being under control. It’s like she’s become a bit of a control freak.

I love how Ollie stood in front of Mia getting hurt, much like he did in Crossfire for Lois and Clark saved the day Anyone else love the stance Justin took up when he was telling “Bored Again” that he “was wrong” about him? I don’t know what it is, but I love it. Maybe it’s part of the way he delivers the line.

I love the last Clois scene. I know it’s sort of a given. I love that Lois is late for their date as opposed to Clark being late as he would usually be in the past. Erica looks totally stunning. The look on his face after she says “That’s like saying Tommy Lee is just a drummer” is so funny as is her response. And he’s giving her an honest answer when she comments on taking a cab home from the hospital. Clark manages to ask about the charm Lois got from Zod without showing just how annoyed he is. Any bets he wanted to superspeed to Zod then and there. Tom’s eyes look very green in this scene and I love Erica’s hair and make-up. While I appreciate PDA #5, in date #6 – I prefer PDA #4. Long may the PDA count continue.

Ollie’s still going to train Mia which I’m glad about, I preferred her in this episode and think she could grow on me…as long as they get rid of the boring stories that come with her. I love how she called Ollie Green Arrow and when changed it to Mr. Green Arrow.

Lois Lane is off limits.

Don’t talk it out Clark. Kick.his.ass. It’s what Lois would tell you to do if she knew. Zod tells Clark he’s assuming the worst of him and well, we’ll find out in a couple of minutes it’s with good reason, he gave Lois the charm to find out if Clark knew what the symbol meant.

You go near Lois again I will destroy you all.

I take it that means Zod won’t be coming to the farm for dinner with Clark and Lois? But how hot was that?

I take it the Kandorians only have so long to get their powers before something bad happens to them, at least that’s how it sounds to me. And here we learn that Zod is more or less just using/placating Clark. He just wants Clark to help him and be part of his army. Never gonna happen Zod, you might as well just pack up and go away. Except I want you to go be with Tess – who I missed in this episode. Seems like the stories are too big for all cast members to be involved in the episodes

How the heck are those towers built already? Who is building them? I mean, Zod and co only turned up in what August/September and depending on what time frame we’re meant to be in now that means they’ve only been building them for about 4 months. How the heck is that possible? Or were they being built before Zod and co turned up?

Anyways, I enjoyed the episode a lot more now that I saw it all at once as opposed to the snippets when first viewing it. I was still bored through parts of it but Clois are made of win.

Next up: AJ.