View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Anla
Master Fan

Oh, I love the napkin holder. Michael really can be sweet at times, in his own Michael way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doy
Did you see anyone as a potential threat to their relationship? Apart from themselves?
Honestly, no. I simply can't picture either Michael or Maria choosing anyone else to be with other than the other one. I never saw any signs on the show of any deep interest in another person. I'm willing to concede the possibility of Michael having some physical attraction to Courtney, but Michael needs so much more than that to pursue a relationship (he has way too many trust issues, and Maria is the only one who broke them down). I'm sure that Maria appreciated Brody's crush on her in S2 (especially since she and Michael weren't together at the time), but again, didn't see much interest in pursuing it from her. And Michael flat-out said he had no interest in following his "destiny" with Isabel.

Quote:
But in the Roswell High books, I saw Isabel as the biggest threat, right up there with the Cameron chick.
Even in the RH books (which I'm currently rereading), I didn't see Isabel as a big threat (although there was a bit more tension there than in the show - at least neither of them woke up screaming at the mere thought of being together ). But Cameron I can see causing some concern. She's probably the closest to an "other woman" threat I see to the Candy couple. Although Michael didn't hesitate to turn on her when he found out she was a potential threat to the group (and was pretty mean about it), so even then it wasn't a big love story.

icon by lunas_borednow