View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 AM
jakesprincess
Fan Forum Star

Hi Lara!

I write most of my scripts on my own time, taught myself mainly. The TV specs were written for class as well as one short script. Other than that, all the others were on my own and collaborated with my sister. We are best as a team. We use MovieMagic Screenwriter software for our screenplays. I haven't participated in Script Frenzy or NaNoWriMo. I am going to say that the class "Writing for TV: Drama" was my favorite, very helpful for our TV drama we are writing now. I do like being a Film & Television major, however all the equipment classes with the cameras and stuff aren't my favorite things, since I'd rather like to focus on the writing. Yes my sister has the same major. My minor is acting. What's yours? I have also bought alot of Screenplay books for TV & Film. The Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural TV specs got up to 50 pages! That's apparently how long each one is supposed to be. It was a real challenge to make sure to go by the breakdown structure for the shows. But it turned out better than expected. Both TV specs did recieve an A Writing goals are always good! hehe. We have alot of them. We would like to write more TV specs, finish some more episodes of our drama, and try on a second draft for our feature. We have a list of movie plots, titles and ideas and never know where to begin! We have a funny order of coming up with a story, for us it's the ending first, then a title, and kind of work our way in chunks to fill in the rest. We make an outline and breakdown sheet to help. We are very organized like that. How about you? What is your order of writing?