View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM
trucherrygirl
Supreme Fan

My name is Lara.

Wow, you've written A LOT!! I'm really impressed! Did you write all or most of your scripts through your classes in college or on your own time? Do you and your sister collaborate on a lot of work together or do you mostly do your writing separately and collaborate sometimes? Have you ever participated in Script Frenzy or NaNoWriMo? What's your favorite class you've taken at college so far? Do you like being a Film and Television major? Does your sister have the same major? Do you have a minor? What scriptwriting software do you use: Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Celtx or something else?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I'm just really curious!

I've done roleplaying also. Mostly for fanfiction, though. It's a lot of fun. Fanfic keeps me on a Tru/Jack high! Hehe

I've actually never taken any kind of screenwriting course in my life! Like I said, my major is mostly film history/theory and I haven't been able to take any of the practical hands-on classes yet. Besides all of the writing I've done on my own growing up, the only course I've taken thus far is Intro to Creative Writing, but I didn't really learn about scriptwriting format there. I did write a short one-act play for that class, but I wrote it in Microsoft Word. Had no idea about any sort of scriptwriting software back then!

I basically taught myself how to write scripts when I joined film club and also decided to take part in Script Frenzy last April. I've been buying A LOT of screenwriting/TV writing books since then and reading them and reading various websites and blogs to learn script formatting. I also bought Final Draft and taught myself how to use it, which is the BEST investment I could have ever made as an aspiring scriptwriter.

The Dollhouse spec is going OK. I haven't worked on it in awhile actually cuz I've been working on other things. I don't have an outline, so I just started writing it one day and I've only written about 7 or 8 pages so far. I know what is said in the TV industry about writing a spec for a cancelled show, but it's something I wanna finish at some point anyway. At least Medium, Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural are still on the air!

I also want to figure out another show to spec, write a spec script for the show Community, write an original TV drama pilot/series, a feature-length screenplay and a few more short film scripts for film club. See? I told you! Too many writing goals!