View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Maybe the twin was kidnapped to Scotland, so we can finally fake-cast James McAvoy! (Completely random and OT aside, but apparently they're making a Wanted 2, so hopefully Chris Pratt gets in on that.)

Quote:
Something else I've just remembered from the episode is the look Ephram has on his face as Andy puts his hands on his cheeks before he kisses him. He just gets this look of "What the hell is Dad doing? ", followed by an "Oh yeah, I think I see where this is going & it's not horrible" air, all in the space of a few seconds. Like I've said before, it's one of my all-time favourite scenes of the show. I love how things are still slightly awkward between them, with Ephram's "Gotta get home & pack" line, that everything's not fixed between them after that fairly intense bonding moment.
Agreed completely. I love that Ephram is shocked and kind of uncomfortable at first, because he never expected this from Andy, and he's never had a moment like this with him. But then once he's in that moment of getting the kiss, he appreciates that he's finally getting to have a moment like this with his father. Seriously, the ACTING! Gah.

As far as a secret, we would probably have to come up with a very minor one. There's so much that we don't know about Julia, that it would be easy. Making up one that Andy wouldn't have told Ephram, one that would resonate with Delia, one that isn't so big that it looks like we're retconning the series...it's a tough job, to say the least, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood