View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 AM
GenL
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukia (View Post)
I loved the dancing sequence as well! JGL's so adorable, and he's so talented, that you can't help but like him. He also looks so young for his age (he doesn't seem to age!) that I'm sure most of us feel 'old' next to him.

Thanks for your analysis! It's spot on!

I want to re-watch it now. It's definitely worth buying.
Well, I am old next to him- about 12 years older! At least I am not old enough to be his mother because that would be a little gross! But, he is talented. I liked him on 3rd Rock from the Sun (actually, he was really the only part of that show I did like), I then saw him in Mysterious Skin (total departure from Tom, that's for sure!), Brick, & Stop-Loss. I think that's it. Probably some guest TV roles, too.

I am glad you liked my analysis. That's just what I thought when Tom's sister said "not again"- that he's had these soul-crushing depressions over a failed relationship before. I was actually grateful to Summer towards the end because he finally went back to his architecture. To me, though, the movie wasn't really about Summer, it was about Tom. So, I guess that's why I can't get too upset with her- she was just a bump in his road. Zooey Deschanel did look beautiful, though. This was a GREAT role for her as well!

I wish the mail would hurry up and deliver it! I just bought it yesterday, though, through Columbia House and they take a little while to mail things out. Darn it!
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote