series of books.

Horner discovered a love for acting after appearing
in school productions of A Midsummer Night’s Dream
and The Maids. In addition to performing, Horner’s
other creative talents include playing the guitar and
writing music.
An avid outdoorsman, Horner enjoys playing soccer,
volleyball, tennis,
swimming, skiing, snowboarding and kayaking.

Kahlan Amnell played by

For a fairly new actress who just began
her career in 2006, Bridget Regan has already
compiled quite an impressive resume. Most popular
for her role as Kahlan Amnell in the fantasy
action-adventure series Legend of the Seeker,
Bridget has become one of the hottest newcomers on
television. Growing up in San Diego, California, she
knew even then that acting was what she wanted to pursue.
During high school, Regan attended a summer acting
conservatory where a teacher of hers raved about
Gerald Freedman and convinced her to train under him.

She then spent four years studying in the School
of Drama at the University of North Carolina School
of the Arts (UNCSA) where Freedman was the dean.
After graduating in 2004, Bridget moved from
Winston-Salem, North Carolina to New York City and
worked on stage while auditioning for movies,
television series guest roles, and TV pilots.
While in New York, she was involved in several film
and television projects including guest appearances
on Law & Order: Criminal Intent, where she played
Assitant District Attorney Claudia Shankly, on the
short-lived ABC drama Six Degrees as Diana Foss,
and on the FOX police drama New Amsterdam, playing Daphne Tucker.

In 2007, Regan portrayed the recurring character
Trish Hughes on NBC’s The Black Donnellys before
making her Broadway debut in Mark Twain’s Is He Dead?
(December 2007-March 2008) and playing hostess in the
film Sex and the City (2008). However, the role that would
launch her into television stardom came in the Fall of 2008
when she was cast as the captivating Confessor Kahlan Amnell
in the syndicated series Legend of the Seeker, which was
based on the Terry Goodkind fantasy novels. From the
comforts of living in New York, Bridget flew halfway around
the world to New Zealand for the making of the show, in which
she is paired with Australian actor Craig Horner.

Bridget on Craig;

After seeing a picture of him
"Craigy! Look at him (laughs) i'd say yeah Craig you can work the shirtless vest look, your one of the only guys that can (nods)....hes great Craig's awesome...hes from Austrailia so hes got this true Aussie guy thing about him, but one of the best things about the show is when it started, he moved from Austrailia and i moved from the States and we both really gave up our lives to just devote outselves to the show, so we really didnt have any friends other then eachother (laughs)...were great we're Peas and Carrots..were good"

"I feel very lucky to be doing this with Craig, hes a great actor, a great guy, we are both new to NZ and both came there with no friends or anything except for the suitcases we were carrying so we're really in this together, its great"

After watching a clip of Craig telling things about her
"I love that Craig Horner"

"I auditioned with Craig, and i remember looking up at him and it was exactly like Richard and Kahlan which was the coolest thing about it"

“Three words for Craig Horner?” she said. “I would have to say…..driven. Smiley. And…..gosh, I want to pick a good one……..open. Emotionally open.”

Which three words did she suppose he would use to describe her?

“Hopefully he would say something about how I’m lovely to work with! And that I’m there for him. I hope!” [When she was informed of the “fun, sassy, effervescent” combo that was actually deployed, she was touched. “That’s sweeeeeeeeet. What a sweetie boy!”]

"I adore working with Craig. We got so lucky that we like each other as much as we do, and that we have a connection. We don’t have to work at the connection between Richard and Kahlan. It’s just kind of there. When I look at him, the ground comes in underneath me, and I just feel “Yup, he’s Richard and yup, I’m Kahlan.” You just kind of play like you’re little kids in the background and you believe. I think you kind of need that sort of thing in a fantasy show. You kind of need that playful, childlike attitude towards it. He’s totally got that — he’s such a little kid at heart. And he’s the best movie quoter I’ve ever known. He’s so good. You give him any movie, and he could just go verbatim on and on and on. Get him to do Fight Club or Home Alone — he loves Home Alone."

Craig on Bridget;

"Ive got a new family now, its good because me and Bridget, shes from San Diego, im from Austraila, we're in NZ, so me and her were kinda on this mission together, so when we got there we really bonded, which is so important for the characters so we had six weeks of like going 'we've got eachother right?'"

"Gosh what a different girl, i mean i remember when she got here, you know this big, great attitude from New York and everything and the girl had never been camping, she's never been on a camping trip....shes really opened up"

"Im from Austraila, shes from America, were in NZ, its kinda working and we are getting this friendship and this bond that is so important for Richard and Kahlan"

"You know she was the only actress who physically grabbed me and threw me against the wall so, maybe that’s why she got the part"

"It’s great. We’re both Aquarians and Aquarians tend to get along together. We’re both fans of the book, similar ages, both love acting and really try and make our scenes together really sincere. It’s great to work with an actress who’s not just showing up to collect a paycheck. Bridget really cares about the job"

When prompted to describe his co-star Bridget in three words, Horner did not hesitate. “Effervescent. Sassy. And just fun – plain fun!” he said.

When asked which three words she might use to describe him, he speculated, “Strange. Disobedient. And……I occasionally go walkabout, so what’s a word for that? Where you just kind of wander off…..?”

“There’s ‘restless’,” I suggested. “Or ‘adventurous’…….”

“I like adventurous,” he responded. “That’s better than restless!”

Art credit in this post: rnk, Nadya86, britnik and crazy_diamond