View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Alot of good points being brought up.

However, I remember my sister and I discussing it before and her impression of the Volturi from BD is that the Volturi are very crafty and power hungry. Aro fronts this facade and hides behind the benefits of the "law" for all vampires, when in reality, all that matters to him is power and what it can do for him. But the Volturi are just very clever in how they go about obtaining/recruiting the power for themselves. Even that one vampire confronted them on the field - calling them out on holding others accountable to the same laws they break themselves when they deem fit/necessary. Also, the Cullen's were told of how the Volturi come in and attack "through a back door", so to speak, in order to get what/who they want. They target and intentionally try to weave "a crime" where there is none and act on that deception.

This is kind of what happened in the end of BD, I would think. The Volturi used the Denali connection with Irina (when she reported the existence of Renesmee) to their advantage. They brought their "witnesses" and wanted to initiate an attack after having Tanya witness the death of her sister, push her and the Cullen's to retaliate, so they would have an "excuse" to attack the Cullen's and anyone standing by them. I think it sounds like an example of the deepest form of manipulation found at the Volturi core.

Granted, yes, I do believe that at one time Aro was very fond of Carlisle, and in some respects, still is. However, with that said, I also think it's possible to accept that he's starting to perceive him and the rest of the Cullen's as a looming threat as far as a concentration of power is concerned. But, yes, since Bella has been presented as some type of "super-vamp" - we would probably have to weigh the reality on how Aro and the rest of the Volturi could get a hold of Bella. My presumption would be that they'd go with master manipulation, as is their accostumed style. Maybe through emotional blackmail somehow, rather than attainment through physical force, when it comes to using Edward and the others as bait for the hook.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-27-2009 at 08:06 PM