View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 03:47 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

wow, you guys been busy round here yesterday eh?
I love most of your points smeagol and Holly I am by your side in almost everything, couldn’t really express myself better than you do...
ok about the cheating issue.... there is the one thing I didn't mention before, just because I seem to have taken for granted that I think like this: were in fact Violet and Pete together when he looks for birds with Sheldon or later on when she slept with the captain? To me, they had been apart since before that, actually I don't consider they do have been together after the... ripping out thing.
They "were" because she chose him and went to live together but to me, they weren't really together. And if they were, it lasted very little. Even before she "gave" Lucas to him, they weren't being together. Loving each other? YES. Wanting to be ok and over the trauma? YES. But together? NOT in the very meaning of it.... it takes more than living physically under the same roof, or havin decided that you're in a relationship, to be together. It takes more than that

IMO, and I thoroughly mean it, their relationship ain't over because it has not quite started yet!! They do not have had the real chance to try and make it work out. The ripping out broke the natural rhythm of things.

So, since they "were" not together, there is no cheating. And even if there's been cheating so what, it's been ONCE. And circumstances are very special ones, can’t take the same way as would take it in a routine peaceful period of your life. And as Amy sais, it ain’t all black or white.
Everybody makes mistakes or just actions that are result of an unstable or depressed or traumatised temporary state of mind! So what, Violet did. It's no big deal, she didn't that wrong. She was raped years ago, she was ripped her baby out of her body, I don't dare to judge her because I can't possibly know what having suffered BOTH experiences means, but I do know, I still accept her actions, I like her, I defend her and I believe she is in her way struggling as best as she can in her situation.

Could do better, could do worse.

The same goes for Pete, he's had his trauma too although in a different level, and he tried to help her and be strong, he tried but hey, he is human, he looked for girls in a bar, he stepped away from Violet instead of trying harder how to help her or to understand her, he moved to another floor. He dropped out. Wittdraw. And I understand. And it’s ok. He was in a difficult position, did his best, suffered, and yet taking care of Lucas come what may.

I worship both, with their mistakes and weaknesses, and still their time has to come, when they're ready to give themselves the real chance, the one that counts, then I will be able to talk about cheating, failure and so on.... But till then, yes I still ship them

Wow. It took so long!!!

Last edited by iKi; 12-10-2009 at 04:42 AM