View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
GreysFan85
New Fan

Well, he may have left her, but he made it clear to her that the reasons for him doing so were for her. And judging by the "come back to me" discussion they had in "Strange Bedfellows" she was aware that he still wanted her in his life.

For me, it was not that she made a mistake. That was way wrong, but adultery and inappropriate sexual relationships are nothing new on Shonda's shows. It was the fact that she was too selfish to care when both Addison and Pete came to her visibly upset. What on earth would possess her to tell Pete that having sex with another man was "wonderful"? Shonda couldn't have made her more unlikable in that episode if she tried. Then, she tried to make it Addison's fault for telling him. She desperately needs some professional help. Yes, she went through something unimaginable, but that does not give her free reign to hurt people and not care as long as she herself is satisfied. Both Pete and Addison showed A LOT of restraint with her. I also agree that this particular incident can't blamed on just PTSD. She slept with both Pete and Sheldon without either men knowing upfront and she didn't care. She shut both men out of her pregnancy and didn't care that one of those men would get attached and likely be heartbroken in the end. It wound up being stupid Sheldon that got hurt, but still. She has behaved selfishly and disregarded Pete's feelings before any of this stuff with Katie happened.

I've shipped these two since they first hooked up last season and continued to ship them through the dreadful "who's the baby-daddy storyline" but I'm at the point where there just isn't anything to root for with them. Pete has shaped up to be a good guy and he does deserve better. I'm still open to them being together on down-the-line, but only after she has pulled herself together, and only if she starts to take his feelings into consideration. Right now, I think he deserves peace whether that be with another woman or just him and his son.

Last edited by GreysFan85; 12-08-2009 at 07:43 PM