View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Cathangel
Ultimate Fan

Oookay, the show went on for nine seasons and ended in May 2002 (same year I graduated high school, the end of an era for me). The show ended with Mulder being on trial for the murder of an agent (who was in fact an alien replica called a "Super Soldier" )in an underground governement facility. The trial was an excuse for CC to summarise the mythology in a neat package. And then after the trial at the end of which Mulder was of course found guilty, Mulder escapes from prison with the help of Scully, Skinner, Doggett, etc., even Kersh! Mulder and Scully then go to Roswell, New Mexico, to find Mulder's informant who sent him to the governement facility to find the truth. Who is the informant? CSM who was supposedly dead after the season 7 finale. And what is this supposed truth that Mulder has been searching for throughout all the series? That the final alien invasion is set to December 22th, 2012. So, in the end, Mulder and Scully are on the run as fugitives, this time we make sure that CSM is dead by launching missiles at his refuge in the NM pueblos and we don't know the fate of Skinner, Doggett, Reyes & Gibson Praise back at the FBI. Voila. Now does that finale make any sense? That's what I'll have to figure out when I finish rewatching the entires series on DVD from the beginning to the end.