View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
lasha4god
Absolute Fan

Perhaps because I had such a rough week I was able to see less of the flaws that were likely in this weeks episode. I was just so joyed to be watching a weekly favorite and enjoying a moment of escapism. This too, I think, is why I connected with the Risky Business themed plot and the adventures that came out the episode.

I really enjoyed seeing Zach once again and this time with Seth rebuilding a functioning friendship. I seriously don't want to see Zach go and I hope the writers can progress him into a staple of the show. The baseball card routine was hilarious. "Whose Kurt Shilling?" "I don't know." "I like his uniform. Can I have that one." But of course Seth was the real highlight. Adam had perfect comic timming through out the whole episode.

I wasn't very found of Summer though. She was manipulative and living out a double standard in which she now gets to be the one who meddles for the sake of her own selfish neeeds masked as her trying to be the do gooder saint for the sake of the friendships between the three of them. I found it rather cold of her to demand they give up their passion for comic books, basically, just for her. It was rather telling too as she told Seth that all he really has is Captian Oats and her. It was an obvious sign that soon these two will likely have another break so Seth can find himself outside of his obsession with having Summer.

Ryan and Seth were another highlight for me. I love when they work together as two distinctive superhero like characters. They were true brothers and best friends and made me all warm and fuzzy. Plus, Adam's perfect comic timming was exploited in his scene of crystal egg rescue. The exchange between him and the film (.... I'm looking for a term that Jay and Silent Bob used in J&SB Strike Back ....) dudes was a classic Seth moment.

I'm still not crazy about the Trey recast and how out of character he is from the original. But I enjoyed him more this time and I actually liked his scenes with Marissa. My personal highlight is when she passed him the money for rent and said if only you had trusted and believed me, or something like that.

Sandy was Sandy and I loved him for it. His great wit during the return of the Newpsies was boderline classic. And I must say it was great to see the return of the Newpsies. It was great to see the return of Newport functions.

I missed Caleb, and yes even Julie. But they would of crowded out this episode for sure.

So overall is wasn't a four star episode. But it entertained and kept my interest. It was fun and engaging.

Delise
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote