View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
irrelevanbabbles
New Fan

Good Morning everyone!

This episode felt like... blah; like a bunch of scenes stapled together so that we can fill up 45 minutes and move on.
I will agree with the majority that Clay/Quinn feels too forced. It is a shame really... I don't think that this duo-couple whatever you want to call them has no chemistry; they do!!! but not in the context set up for them, which is all this lovey-dovey, new found romance. It just seems... shallow. Plus, Quinn is married -Is David that hard to forget? Me thinks absolutely not!!!!- AND Clay should really focus on other things like his job maybe??
This storyline is killing the characters and it's really a shame because the potential was amazing, still can be but eh... I'll wait it out and see how it goes...

I can't say that I liked the Haley concert/performance idea or even the song, not because of the actress or the song itself (Joy seems to be on top of her game this year and the least I can be is respectful to someone's, anyone's, hard efforts but... ->) This whole concert thing was coldly served to me as a viewer! And where did it help matters in terms of story evolution? Have Chase admit that his cocktails suck? I didn't even see Nathan fawn after his wife! Come to think of it did I even see Nathan? Oh yeah... He was sitting between Clay and Quinn, when the two were were exchanging secret smiles behind his back. That was a small moment but it annoyed me a lot!

I'm not against a Haley music career storyline but what can I say I like consistency. Also, this song in style is not at all similar to the one I heard in the season premiere. Aren't artists kind of careful with this type of thing especially an artist in Haley's position who's basicly starting over. That kind of irked me.

What did I like about the episode? Miranda! She's so wonderfully bitchy and executive-y Can we keep her? Dan and Rachel and Nathan. Nathan and Rachel jabbing at each other was the best part of the eppie!!!

The rest of the eppie felt like a distraction... no cool Naley moments -the forehead kiss just wasn't enough for me. I've seen them do it so often I've just become immune-, no cool Alex/Brooke interaction -Please, please, please bring back the alex of the first four eppies. the one that made Brooke all bossy and frustrated and ready to step in and take things in her hands -I did kinda see that last night in her brief exchange with Millie but where I should have seen it is in her exchange with Julian and in finding out she is not pregnant.

Last but not least, kudos for Sophia Bush directing. And kudos to the show for being supportive of the cast directing. Above all, I am a fan of trying and putting in the work
irrelevanbabbles is offline   Reply With Quote