View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
jessica1984
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatibsblp (View Post)
let see it
*is scared*

Quote:
I was browsing around Wikipedia reading their Lost descriptions of episodes that featured Skate and this one from WHH was interesting:

Quote:
Kate develops a friendship with Sawyer's ex-girlfriend Cassidy (Kim Dickens) and Sawyer's daughter Clementine (Olivia Vickery). Kate tells Cassidy the truth about everything that happened on the island, including that baby Aaron (William Blanchett) is not her son. Cassidy eventually leads Kate to realize that the reason she took Aaron as her own, is because Kate needed him in order to get over her emotional attachment to Sawyer. After this realization, she decides to return to the island with the others who left. She leaves Aaron in the care of Carole Littleton (Susan Duerden), Aaron's biological grandmother. Kate also tells Carole that she is returning to the island to find Carole's daughter, Claire Littleton (Emilie de Ravin), and bring her home.
The bolded part is interesting in describing why Kate took Aaron in the first place: She needed an outlet to help herself "get over" the feelings she had for Sawyer.

Now I know that TPTB said that she took Aaron to "replace/fill" the void of losing Sawyer, which implies that Aaron was simply a replacement for Sawyer, and that Kate is not over him at all, but what if she did get over Sawyer? What if the way she felt about him 3 years ago has lessened over time? TPTB never said that those feelings she had for Sawyer 3 years ago were still there, so I think it's up for debate.

I only bring this up because personally for me, I did see a little bit of "overness" from Kate when she came back. I know most Skaters feel differently and think that there is no way her feelings have changed, but I do think there is a chance that she may have gotten over her 'attachment" to Sawyer during those 3 years and that those feelings have subsided. Not gone away completely, but have been lessened due to her having Aaron and having time to resolve those emotions she had for Sawyer.

Anybody agree or at the very least see what I am saying? If not, it's okay.
*is still scared*