View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
thuggie8
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by public_eye
Depends on which fans. Most of the fans wanting the Cinderella fantasy, where Veronica is pretty enough and "good enough" to change some rich guy into Prince Charming won't be happy with Leo. He is who he is. I think like Wallace there are no layers, he is what you see onscreen.

Leo does hit the good spots: 1. Older but not too older, allowing Veronica more sophisticated moments than high school hijinks, and precluding an explicitly sexual relationship (turn-off, too "real"). 2. Respects Veronica for who she is, and is impressed with her right away. 3. Forgives her using him, and will help her even with some risk. 4. Is cool himself, saved her Dad's life and plays in a band. 5. Signifies Veronica's outsider status, she dates someone from outside the school. 6. Her Dad approves of him (why not he saved his life).

Logan or Duncan, either one makes Veronica once again past the gate into 09'er dom, Veronica just isn't that girl. She never will be. Again, Duncan spent a whole year ignoring her, and Logan mocking her, and Veronica doesn't forgive. The mocking/ignoring was all for stuff she had nothing to do with anyway, so she shouldn't and that was I think a deliberate writer's choice by Rob.

I'd be sorry to see Leo leave, he does fulfill the nice boyfriend bit and is sweet.
what you said ...

Leo is just a simple guy who likes Veronica for who she is. No baggage with Leo. And like Veronica said in this week's episode, she can't and doesn't forgive or forget what people did to her, so for her to date someone in the 09er circle or people from school, would be so unlike the Veronica of now. Leo is good for Veronica. She has so much going on already and the last thing she needs is a boyfriend who got issues. So I reallie hope that Rob can keep him on or at least don't kill him off ...