View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
lynnashley
Addicted Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
Great post, Lynn. I agree, I cannot fathom Sawyer moving on romantically in S6 and it be believable. It'd have to be really convincing lol.
Totally agree.

Thanks to everyone who agreed with my huge post from the last thread.. I'll re-post for everyone else!

I did a pro/con list for the quadrangle couples. For each couple I was completely unbiased (I use to love SK in S1) and even re-watched episodes to write down theses pros and cons. Even still, SJ/JK have so many more pros than cons compared to SK/JJ. I just don't see how they can end up with SK/JJ in the end. It doesn't make ANY sense to me lol (IMO). Now, I like SK's friendship. I think they have a great friendship, but they clash way too much to be a couple. They're too similar on so many bases and they usually bring out the worst side of each other. SJ are just so completely opposite by that. They learn and grow from each other. They have learned to love someone with confidence. When they each need one other they know they'll always have their backs. I think JK have so much unfinished business that it can't be over. Not yet. There's a reason why Kate hasn't said "I love you" and I totally think it has to do with Jack in season 6. In "The Incident" she was about to say some thing and IMO I think it was gonna be "I love you" but didn't, cause she knew Jack would stop his plan. She has that much faith and trust in Jack to let him blow them up and "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be". Especially after "The Incident", Sawyer being completely distraught by his loss of the love of his life and going back to "him against the world" mind-frame, I think finding a new love will be the last thing on his mind. One season isn't enough to grieve (unless they fast forward an x amount of time) over Juliet. SJ's relationship didn't make Sawyer want to change into this lovable leader we all love for Kate to have. Why would they do that? Sawyer changed because of the love he felt while he was with Juliet. Juliet knew him inside and out and flat out accepted him, loved him, stayed with him for as long as it takes. As Kate did off the island with Jack. She didn't care her friends would die on the island when John told her they would. (Just like Sawyer didn't care his friends would die on the island as long as he was with Juliet on that sub and out of there!) She didn't even ask John about Sawyer. Sawyer isn't stupid. He knows how Kate feels about Jack (ever since season 1) and Sawyer absolutely knows how Jack feels. (Of course SK care for each other, that's undeniable, but not as strong as they care for their significant others.) Jack confessed to Sawyer about how he "lost" Kate.. and he "had her". Sawyer wanted Jack to go back and get her. There's a reason they had Jack confess his love for Kate to Sawyer (of all people). Once again, "The Incident" explains and expresses it all. Jack double checking his ok with Kate, Kate nodding and smiling, knowing if it's meant to be, it's meant to be with him. Sawyer taking one last memory at his Juliet, wanting her to realize he didn't mean what she thinks he meant when he looked at Kate earlier before, just that he understood why Kate was looking at the ground when Rose and Bernard were talking about being together. Sawyer knew Kate was thinking of Jack, and thats why she needed SJ's help so badly. Then Juliet, Juliet smiling and laughing to herself about how happy she is to see Sawyer looking at her before their world ends. She realizes how silly she is for letting her insecurities (hello, flashback) in and realizing Sawyer does love her as much as she wants him to. And before her life is "ended" she lets him know that by telling him she loves him, loves him so much, then lets go of him (because he absolutely refuses to let go of her) before he is pulled down as well.

There's so much more though.. that's just the mist of it all..