View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Lain
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
The only thing that bothers me about Anne Rice is that she is vehemently against fanfic. That pisses me off. GRRR...
Well, I'll be honest since I'm planning on becoming an author myself. This is just my two cents on this whole issue.

If I ever get my works published, while it's rather flattering that people enjoy my characters and want to try to piece their own stories of situations of what could have been if character "x" had gotten together with character "y" whether it be of a romantic relationship or something less platonic, sometimes an author might feel that their visions/stories of their own character might be disturbed/distorted/ruined.

Not to mention that I have seen fan fics that put characters in extreme situations that I probably shouldn't mention. Let's just say some of those fics glorify acts that are usually frowned upon. Or the whole Hermione/Snape fics going around. While it probably wouldn't matter if they focused on her when she reaches of legal age, it's just...well...weird.

I can throw in another name that the creators/writers don't want a fan fic to be made out of: Archie Comics.

Personally, I'm rather iffy if someone were to make a fan fic out of my works. There's pros and cons to it. I probably would be one of those that wouldn't want a fan fic to be made out of my works but would probably hold a contest once in a while to see what fans could come up with.