View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Hamburgo1001
Elite Fan

I did a little digging and found the Laura Innes interview again:

Quote:
Innes, who has successfully branched out into directing over the past few years--she was Emmy-nominated for an episode of The West Wing and has directed three impressive ER episodes--cares enough about correctness to have influenced the casting of Mitchell. Originally, another woman was hired for the role, but after they shot a few scenes the chemistry felt off, so Innes politely suggested the producers look elsewhere.

"It had nothing to do with the other actress's ability--it's just that with her there wasn't that little buzz, and with Elizabeth there was," she says. "I wanted the mainstream audience to fall in love with this woman."

It wasn't much of a stretch for Innes--as Kerry--to fall in love with Mitchell's Kim herself. "I will say that the chemistry that existed between Elizabeth and I was much better than the chemistry that existed with any of the guys they hooked me up with," she says, smiling. "She's beautiful, a wonderful actress, and a wonderful person." During a crucial dinner scene, early in the characters' flirtation, Innes even let herself briefly feel exactly as the character would.

"I remember during that scene having a real in-the-moment feeling of wanting to kiss her and being amazed that I was feeling that way," she says. "It was great. It was like, `Oh, yeah, this feels right.'

ER's leading lesbian: as Dr, Kerry Weaver on ER, Laura Innes has experienced coming out and breaking up; now she's ready to love again. (television). - Free Online Library
And while I was looking around I also found this little quote by The Beast' Executive producer Ian Sander:

Quote:
Executive producer Ian Sander says Ms. Mitchell has a range of qualities, from intelligence and sincerity to warmth and accessibility.

"What caught us was the light in her eyes," he says. "She has that. You can call it star quality, an unpredictability. You want to get to know what's going on behind those eyes."

Dallas Morning News