View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Brucas4life
Elite Fan

Don't get me started on Alonso at McLaren, what a disaster that was.

More news:

Quote:
Ferrari fume at rivals' test snub

Ferrari have hit back at the teams who blocked Michael Schumacher from testing this season's car before his F1 return. He is set to replace the injured Felipe Massa, but Formula 1 rules prevent on-circuit testing during the season.

In an apparent swipe at Williams, who opposed the move, a Ferrari statement read: "Guess who opposed the test? A team that hasn't won anything for years and yet didn't pass over the opportunity to demonstrate once more a lack of spirit of fair play."

Williams, who have not won the world championship since 1997, were backed up by Red Bull and Toro Rosso, who are also opposed to Schumacher getting behind the wheel of Massa's F60 car.

All three teams argue that seven-time world champion Schumacher, 40, should be treated no differently to Spanish teenager Jaime Alguersuari, who replaced the sacked Sebastien Bourdais at Toro Rosso last month but was unable to track test his car before his F1 debut in Hungary.

"Just for the record, the Scuderia Ferrari had given its approval to let Alguersuari test, but it seems even in this instance someone decided to stick to the precise wording of the regulations," added Ferrari's statement.

Massa fractured his skull during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix after he was struck on the helmet by a spring from Rubens Barrichello's Brawn GP car.

Schumacher is due to replace the Brazilian at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August, but has only had a chance to drive Ferrari's 2007 car, at the team's Mugello test track last Friday.

McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW Sauber and Brawn GP were all prepared to let Schumacher spend one day behind the wheel of the F60.
Source: BBC

Vicky
Brucas4life is offline   Reply With Quote