View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
kaleidocat
Elite Fan

This episode actually was pretty good. I went in without expectations. It was nice how the three plots tied into the same message about making decisions, establishing an identity, and struggling with the idea of a future. It felt very high school and it was nice to get 3 different perspectives. Surprisingly Sav didn't bother me. I still don't take him seriously but I didn't that irrational urge to smack him upside the head.

I've always liked the part of Mia that tries so hard and wants to do it all. I don't think the modeling really fits in well with her teen mom image. Looking back, she actually had some decent plots dealing with that in Season 7...and if I remember correctly some of season 6 with trying to fit in. Some things I said on Mia the teen mom in the Jane Says thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
...No but seriously, all the Mia/Izzy lack of interaction made me realize that during her episodes in season 7, there was this part of me that wanted her to have a "normal" teenage life and not have her responsibilities. It was sort of an awkward feeling to have and I actually felt bad about it...and now I realize that I enjoyed feeling that.
I miss the Mia who wanted to cop out on her responsibilities to do something a teenager would do...party, hang out with a boyfriend. Not model. We all know this modeling thing is unrealistic. I wish they'd stop doing the whole kids in the entertainment industry thing. I laughed when Sav was talking about his likelyhood of becoming a rockstar. Don't worry buddy, it's going to happen! Probably while you are in California with Manny and company. You'll get your fifteen minutes. All the kids who go to Degrassi end up in a Kevin Smith/Jason Mewes movie at some point.