View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
KCsGirl
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal
Too much Kirk, Michel, Rory and her games. I blame it on Lauren Graham's obvious cold.

Lorelai can't tell Rory she thinks what she's doing isn't her because she knows if she calls her on it she won't speak to her. That's very sad. She's wrong though. It is Rory to not just tell a guy she wants him. She has to play games. It's infuriating.

I say this because I care and they could SO easily remedy this for the better. Luke and Lorelai, while sweet and still instantly enjoyable in any capacity, are starting to become boring or at the very least frustrating. They're exactly as they were 5 months ago despite the necessary and fulfilling Breakup Trilogy. We see them go to dinner, she goes to the diner, occassionally we see her in his flannel and if we're lucky we get a kiss that lasts more than 5 seconds (see last week). I know we should be thankful for any of that because for 4 years we didn't have any of those things, but you see the same stuff for 5 months and it gets repetative (and redundant). I think they need to brainstorm some ideas of what they can do as a couple during this hiatus, because with this as the last episode for a while, everyone who was all HOORAY GG ROCKS AGAIN are going to be asking themselves if the elation is still worth if after all of the stuff that was exciting 5 months ago has now become mundane.

Loved and adored the "SHUT UP!" I audibly gasped. And yet somehow you feel for both Lorelai and Emily, which is undoubtedly the tell-tale sign of a good, uncontrived Emily/Lorelai fight.
aahh.. Lex... you noticed the cold too.. i heard it mostly when she was outside of the RV trying to kinda apologize to michel..
and WORD to all of it.. this wasn't one of their best eps.. it was nice to see LL back together.. though.. they did seem to just resort back to the old antics of the beginning of the season, can you say recycling?? anyways..

band_freak62 - there is a recap on the JJ board.. i'm not sure which pages though.. Gilmoregrladdict or something like that recapped it for us..